SUMMER 2018 DATES:
- June 25th – August 2nd
- Week 1: June 25th – June 28th
- Week 2: July 2nd – July 5th
- Week 3: July 9th – July 12th
- Week 4: July 16th – July 19th
- Week 5: July 23rd – July 26th
- Week 6: July 30th – August 2nd
- Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Our Mission at USSI is to inspire, educate, and empower talented, young players on the field technically, tactically, and physically. We have developed a summer soccer program with multiple daily workshops to teach our players the proper skills for life, delivered through their passion for soccer.
2018 USSI COACHING STAFF
USSI players will be coached by our elite level USSI development staff, who are highly qualified and experienced in working with advanced level soccer players. The entire coaching staff holds highly recognized coaching qualifications, and have been through rigorous recruitment and professional training programs.
- Sascha Filippi – Belgium 1st Division player and Futsal World Cup coach
- Gabriel Barberio Guedes – Former player of Flamengo FC, visiting from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Alain Henie Senegal – National Team player and Player Development Coach from Virginia
- Josh Frye – George Mason Alum and Physical Movement Specialist
- Kyle Toth – University of Delaware Alum; Certified Personal Trainer and Performance Coach
USSI DAILY SCHEDULE
In addition to field-based sessions, workshops will be offered for players to focus on team building, game analysis, fitness, and
nutrition. These additional elements will provide players with an insight into what it takes to play at the highest level. For the game analysis workshop, USSI players and staff will be watching and studying the 2018 FIFA World Cup that will be held in Russia this summer. There will also be a daily free play session, which includes soccer tennis, world cup, 3v3 tournaments, shooting contests, and PK shootouts. The USSI program will also offer a weekly session at George Mason Aquatic Center.
USSI Daily Schedule
8:00 AM – 8:15 AM Players & Coaches Assembly
8:30 AM – 9:45 AM Session 1
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM Session 2
11:30 AM – 12:15 PM Lunch
12:30 PM – 1:145 PM Session 3
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Free Play
- 100 players maximum for the summer camp.
- 20 players maximum per session.
- Each session will have at least 1 USSI coaching staff member and 1 apprentice coach.
- 5 development stations during each 1hr 15 min session.
Example of 5 stations during Session 1:
Station 1: Coach Sascha – Futsal
Station 2: Coach Gabriel – 1v1 Attacking & Defending
Station 3: Coach Josh – SAQ with VertiMax
Station 4: Coach Alain – Formations & Player Spacing
Station 5: Coach Edu – Technical Footwork with First Touch Focus
USSI will provide players with technical and tactical knowledge to empower them with the mental tools needed to play at the highest levels.
The technical and tactical summer program will be based on the principles of 1-D & 4-R’s:
- 1-D: Defending
- 4-R’s: Receiving, Releasing, Retaining, and Running with the ball (i.e., dribbling)
The program will force players to stop and think about the proper solutions. It will also force players to do rather than just listen and observe. Our coaches will pay attention to players’ mistakes and guide them to improve or find a better solution, while always encouraging them to keep trying. Coaches will also educate players in certain topics, such as aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, strength training, speed and agility, and the proper diet and nutrition for competitive athletes.
USSI 6-WEEK CRITERIA:
Session 1 – Building from the Back
Week 1: June 25th-June 28th
- 1st and 2nd touch
- Passing and receiving
- Playing out of the back in a 4-3-3
- Midfielders and forwards combining to finish
- The roles of the 7, 9, and 11 in a 4-3-3
Week 2: July 2nd-July 5th
- Defending – 1v1 – 2v2 with transition
- Playing through the thirds
- Finishing from crosses
- Switching the point of attack
- Receiving under pressure
Session 2 – Possession through the Mid-Field
Week 3: July 9th-July 12th
- Defending – 1st and 2nd ball
- 1v1 – 2v2 attacking to finish on goal
- Defending both sides of the ball
- Overlapping to create scoring opportunities
- 3rd man running to goal
Week 4: July 16th-July 19th
- Principles of the game
- Defending – cover and balance
- Functional Training
- Heading – Attacking (To Goal), Defending (To Clear), and to keep possession
- Dribbling – Encourage beating players 1v1; Body Fakes/Moves; Keeping possession; Change of speed/pace; Shielding/spin turns
Session 3 – Finishing & Attacking in the Final Third
Week 5: July 23rd-July 26th
- Passing – Different surfaces, ALL on the run; weight of passes; short, long, bent, driven, crosses, chips
- Finishing – From different angles, crosses, and volleys; On the run; On the turn
- Movement on and off the ball
- Game management, speed of play, pressure from forwards
- Roles of the 6, 8, and 10 in a 4-3-3
Week 6: July 29th-August 2nd
- Combining the wide players to create crossing opportunities
- Attacking – Width, Depth, Penetration
- Defending with Strikers, Midfielders, and Defenders
- Tactical awareness within the game
- Finishing opportunities for all players on the team – defenders, midfielders, and forwards
United Sporting Soccer Institute will take place at United Sportsplex, located at 10103 Residency Rd. Manassas, VA. The facility is equipped with 2 indoor training pitches, 3 indoor futsal courts, and an air-conditioned classroom. In addition, players will have access to an outdoor field, as well.
USSI ENROLLMENT DETAILS:
*USSI player enrollment will be determined by an invitation or a tryout ONLY. This is not a recreational-based camp.
- Boys & Girls, YOB 2003-2008
*150 max. player occupancy (15 max. players per gender-based age group)
- Full Camp (All 6 weeks): $1350
- Camp per week: $275
**Register by May 31st, get $50 off (ONLY for Full Camp registration)
For multiple-player and team discounts, please contact Joe Slaiby at email@example.com.